Sometimes our oral health care becomes so routine that is not done in the best way. To prevent cavities or other diseases of the mouth, pay attention to these 10 simple tips that will serve to maintain effective oral hygiene.
1. Regular checkup. Visit your dentist at least once a year at least, and from an early age, since the decay can manifest after you exit the first tooth.
2. Brush tid. Brush your teeth three times a day, after meals. Indispensably: before bed and after waking up in the morning.
3. Use fluoride toothpaste. We recommend using a toothpaste with fluoride to prevent tooth decay.
4. Brush with head. Proper brushing is to make short, smooth and elliptical movements, without forgetting the gum line, the posterior teeth (inaccessible) and the areas around the crowns of the teeth and restorations (fillings). Do not share your toothbrush. The exchange of body fluids that this would promote increases the risk of infection to those who share. This is a particularly important for people with compromised immune systems or infectious diseases consideration.
5. Replace your toothbrush often. Experts recommend renewing the toothbrush every three months to prevent periodontal diseases.
6. Do not forget to floss. Use dental floss daily; the best time to use it is at night, since the absence of saliva during sleep promotes the action of bacterial plaque.
7. Rinse. The mouthwash or mouth rinses are an important factor to keep your mouth healthy and help prevent diseases and infections. Remember that these are no substitute for proper brushing your teeth.
8. Make a healthy diet. A varied and balanced diet also helps to strengthen the immune system so it can defend against any infection in the oral cavity. Limit snacking between meals.
9. gum help you. If you eat away from home and you can not wash your teeth, uses sugarless gum particularly those using xylitol as a sweetener (has some bactericidal action). The stimulating salivary secretion let your teeth in contact with the best anti caries agent there: your own saliva.
10. Do not abuse the bleachers. Although they are effective to brighten the teeth, when used excessively and continuously they can damage the enamel.